Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Third Day

On the third day a wedding took place. . . . Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. . . .
Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." (John 2:1-2, 19)

In Scripture and in John, the third day is of major significance. In God's time table, a breakthrough of blessing is usually just around the corner. It is "the third day" when Jesus shows up at a wedding--only because he was invited--and restores joy and celebration to an anxious situation. On "the third day" he will rise again from the rubble of reckless human attempts to destroy the connecting point of God and man.

No matter how bleak my situation, I must trust and have great hope that a breakthrough of blessing is just days away.

Jesus, come into my situation and turn water into wine. Raise me up. Come quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, I will try harder to use this blog and hope we can keep in touch. Joe t

Tailpipe Terry said...

can you hear me now?

Terry