Saturday, September 22, 2007

Jump In

Jesus said, "If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." (Jn. 7:17)

Jesus appears to be saying that "the proof is in the pudding," when it comes to the Way of Christ. Unsure about God and his word? Try it. Jump in. Don't just stand and watch others. Try living as though God is real and his word is true for a period of time. The transformation it will bring will dispell all doubts. In other words, one very good and valid reason to choose Christianity is that it works. It is self-validating.

My life is so much fuller since I chose to jump fully into the deep end of the life of following Jesus. While I played around the edges and got only my feet wet, it never really connected with me. I still felt so empty. Since I've been drenched in Kingdom life, Jesus has proven himself to me over and over again.

Jesus, in obedience to you the truth is seen. I will encourage skeptics to try out your way all the way and see what they discover. Please reveal yourself again. Amen.

1 comment:

Tailpipe Terry said...

I signed up again, Maybe this will work. I've really had trouble responding. With these bifocals it's hard to read those crooked words to duplicate