Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Finding Favor

Okay, I'm back. Sorry for the lag in the blog. I've been away and otherwise preoccupied.

"With what shall I come before the LORD
and bow down before the exalted God?..." Israel asks.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good," responds Micah.
"And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:6, 8)

God's grace is amazing. But it is a covering for the sins and mistakes of those whose hearts are legitimately turned towards God. Worship offered appart from a lifestyle of integrity is insincere flattery. Pleas for forgiveness that come from an unmerciful heart are offered in vain. Prayers for blessing spoken without showing compassion for the sad plight of others aren't well received. God is after our hearts. And when he has our hearts, it gives us a posture of mercy, fairness and compassion towards others.

God, my heart is yours. Shape me to reflect your concern for justice, your love for mercy, and teach me to walk humbly with you. Amen.

No comments: