Sunday, July 8, 2007

Paul met people where he found them.

In Acts 17:23 Paul says, “For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found and altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.”

Paul observed people and their surroundings (carefully observed). He met people where he found them.

I commit myself to be more observant --- God gave man one mouth that closes, two eyes that close, and two ears that stay open. If we keep our mouths closed and our eyes open and listen twice as much as we talk we will learn more about where people are coming from. I will do a better job of listening. IT IS HARDER TO LEARN IF YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH OPEN.

My prayer is, “God help me to be more observant and to listen what people are saying --- what they are really saying

No comments: