Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Mission

"I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me." (Acts 26:17-18)

What an awesome commission! This is the church's mission because it is God's mission. To use Ford's old slogan, this is Job #1.

I hear these words of Jesus as if they were spoken to me personally. In fact, I believe they are. I am sent to people who, in many ways, are lost and deceived and oppressed by the influences of evil. I am also sent to those who are disconnected from God's people, to give them a place of belonging.

Lord, I accept my mission with eagerness! Lead me out to these people and open my heart to them. Teach me what to do and say so that faith might begin to germinate in their lives.

No comments: