Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Clean Conscience

"I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man." (Acts 24:16)

In these chapters, Paul stands before his accusers with such peace and transparency. He has such courage in the face of slanderous people. A large part of the reason for his courage and peace is the knowledge he has about himself. He knows his own heart. He knows that it is true and that he is surrendered to God's reign.

I will strive to always live with a clean conscience as well. Others will misperceive my heart and totally miss my sincere goodwill. But I know my own heart, and I love the freeing reality that my conscience is clean!

Lord, forgive my mistakes. Keep me always fully committed to living by your principles of integrity and truth. Amen.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Christian Living is Insanity to Some. “I am not insane most excellent Festus,” Paul replied, “What I am saying is true and reasonable.” Acts 26:25

Sometimes others view Christian living irrational and sometimes even insane. Christians must maintain the proper relationship with God. To a Christian, this relationship with God is the most important thing in their life. God does not send us where His grace will not go. With the proper relationship with God, He is always present to provide what is needed.

God help me to forever maintain the proper relationship with You.

Whatever happens now, I owe my life to God and will try to serve Him in every way I can. I will reach out take hold of the “Good Right Hand of God” and hang on for the ride of a lifetime.