Monday, August 13, 2007

Lasting Legacy

Get this picture:

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. . . . Those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever. (Dan. 12:2-3)

Life is headed somewhere. Every person in every place will eventually be lumped into one of two groups: the saved and the condemned. Eternity is looming. That is why the work of sharing the message of Jesus is so crucial.

I want my lift to leave a lasting impact for good that will outlive me. As I share my life and love with others so that they find the relationship with Jesus that sets them free, my legacy will shine on forever! That, my friends, is significance. I will make it my aim to help people move even one step closer to the cross.

Jesus, lead me to lead more people to you. I'm available and willing for you to use me, even today. Amen.

No comments: