Saturday, August 18, 2007

God's Eternal Pleasures at His Good Right Hand

[I'm posting this on behalf of Jim. The following are his thoughts.]

Scripture: Psalm 16:8-11
I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Observation:
The Lord is always before standing where He knows I should be, holding out His right hand to me. With my right hand in His right hand my heart will be made unshakable and be made glad, I will rest secure and know my Father will not abandon me. He will be make known the path of life, fill me with joy in His presence and let me know of eternal pleasures at His right hand.

Application:
My Heavenly Father stands were He wants me to be, holding out His good right hand. If I will put my right hand in His right hand He will:
Always be set before me.
I will not be shaken.
My body will rest secure because He will not abandon me.
He will make known the path of life.
I will be filled with joy in His presence.
I will be filled with eternal pleasures at His right hand.

I must come nearer to my Father, reach out, and offer (allow Him to take) my right hand and then be ready for a ride of a life time.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for standing in Nias, where you knew I should be and holding out your good right hand to me. I thank you for helping me have the strength, faith, and courage to submit my right hand to your good right hand. Also I think it was a good stuff for You to use the President of Indonesia and his Foreign Minister (men of a different faith) to finalize my commitment to Nias. Please continue to expand your blessings on the TEARS work (Your work) in Nias. Please help me to always give you the glory for Your work plus what every small things I might do.

How will I be different today because of what I have just read?
I will continually check and observe to determine that my Father and I have our right hands joined.

No comments: